Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Osteopathy covered by health insurance plans?
- What kinds of conditions would benefit from Osteopathic treatment?
- Do I need a referral from my doctor?
- Is Osteopathy the same as massage?
- How does Osteopathy differ from Chiropractic?
- Is Osteopathy the same as Physiotherapy?
- Is Osteopathy opposed to drugs and surgery?
- What should I expect during a typical visit?
- How many visits will it take before I see results?
- When is a knee problem not a knee problem?
Welcome to Burlington Osteopaths
Osteopathy is an established recognized system of health care, which relies on manual contact for diagnosis and treatment. It respects the relationship of body, mind and spirit in health and disease; it lays emphasis on the structural and functional integrity of the body and the body’s intrinsic tendency for self-healing. Osteopathic treatment is viewed as a facilitative influence to encourage this self-regulatory process. Pain and disability experienced by patients are viewed as resulting from a reciprocal relationship between the musculoskeletal and visceral components of a disease or strain. Schedule an appointment with us today!